Welcome to Multi Mammoth! We love languages, kids, and all things that make learning (and teaching) languages easier and fun.
Language acquisition for kids is directly related to exposure to language: the more they see and hear the language, the easier it is for them to absorb it. Multi Mammoth was created to provide parents with a variety of language tools so that your house isn't filled with stuff in English only. We design and develop content that is fundamentally bilingual. What does that mean? In a nutshell it means that we start by thinking in two languages rather than one. Our approach to designing bilingual materials is based on finding the common thread in two languages rather than just translating the text.
Our products are perfect for:
- multilingual or bilingual families in which parents speak two different languages and the child is learning English outside the home
- households where a minority language is spoken at home by both parents
- households where one parent speaks English and one parent speaks another language
- children who are enrolled in an immersion program through a daycare or school, or spends part of their day with a foreign nanny or au pair
- parents who studied a language in high school or college and want to pass on a few words and expressions to their children
- multicultural households in which the grandparents or other distant relatives come from another culture and speak another language
- monolingual families who want to take a few simple steps to introduce another language to your child; perhaps you can learn some of it together.
- children naturally interested in alphabets and languages! Give them a challenge!
We are constantly working on new products and on adding new languages. If your language isn’t available on our website yet, please check back with us and let us know what language you would like us to add by emailing us at email@example.com. We can’t guarantee that we’ll add your language to our inventory, but we will do everything we can to try. We will also soon be adding bi-lingual books/reading materials, music, and toys to our inventory, so sign up with your email to receive notifications about our products.
We believe that - like the mammoth - a language can go extinct in your family unless you make an effort to keep it alive. So join us in sharing your language with your children and keep your cultural heritage alive in your family!